On SUNDAY October 5th (and the following week) Salud y Paz will be hosting a surgical mission team with a plastic surgeon and a general surgeon. We are looking for patients who meet the following criteria:
**Patients must be at least 15 years old**
- Non-complicated masses (lipoma, cyst, superficial mass/tumor)
- Ganglion cysts
- Breast biopsy/lumpectomy
If you know someone who may qualify for a pre-surgical consult please send the following patient information to Katie Slagle, R.N. at email@example.com. At this address you may also send questions about additional cases (with photos if helpful).
- patient name
- patient phone number
- suspected diagnosis or surgical need
Below is important information that every patient should be aware of before arriving at the clinic:
- Surgeries take place at Salud y Paz clinic in Camanchaj (5 min. north of Los Encuentros – Km 131.5)
- We ask for a Q50 donation from each surgical patient.
- Patients should arrive at the clinic by 8 AM in order to insure they receive a pre-surgical consult.
- Patients MUST bring a photocopy of their DPI.
- Patients need to be signed-up on our surgical patient list to receive a consult. Unfortunately, if they are not on the patient list we cannot guarantee a consult.
- There is a free place for the patient and one family member to stay should it be necessary.
- There is financial help for those patients in need.
Lastly, if you would like to be added to our Surgery Alert Distribution Contact List, please send name, organization name, and e-mail address to Katie Slagle at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to collaborating and working with you to serve the people of Guatemala.
***Project Salud y Paz is a US based non-profit organization serving the SW highlands of Guatemala in the departments of Quiche, Quetzaltenango, and Suchitepequéz. In conjunction with the National Evangelical Primitive Methodist Church of Guatemala and the United Methodist Church of the US, we offer health, healing, and education to rural Guatemala through long-standing clinics, a staff of 30+ Guatemalans, individual long-term volunteers, and some 30 volunteer teams/year which provide surgical, medical, and dental care including construction projects. The main clinic is located in a community called Camanchaj where we also operate a preschool and primary school.
Katie Slagle, R.N., B.S.N.
Surgery and Community Health Coordinator
Proyecto Salud y Paz (Project Health & Peace), Guatemala
Cell: 4640-2861, Work: 4771-4175, 4849-0884